Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Our Fun Starts

........with a LONG drive to the airport! We left our house at 3am, so that means that i had to wake up at 2am... Pretty crapy.. But our fun starts there... Joel brought home a Kia so we could drive it to the airport cuz our little car couldn't fit all our luggage. Then we checked in and through security is not fun at all with little ones. We have to take off our shoes and pack up the strollers! but then we were off to the plane. the boys didn't sleep much and were awake when we drive to Salt Lake.
we made it to San Fran and had enough time to change butts and clothes. then off to HAWAII!! Well Oahu.. that flight was real bad cuz it's a 4 hour plane ride with not a lot of leg room. and to top it off they mixed up our seats, so i was in 40a, Joel was in 49g and Brakken was in 49d. But we just traded with a FEW people. But when we were about to land i started to cry and Joel asked me why? and i just felt like i was BACK home! i didn't want to leave.
then when we landed, we had a 4 hour layover and we thought we could drive around and i would show Joel around (show him were i lived and whatever). But we forgot that we needed car seats. We had them put the car seats below. So we had to stay at the Airport, cuz i didn't want to pull a Brittany. (driving with the kids in the car without car seats)
Finally the last flight!!! Only 30minutes!!! But the worst flight!! Madden had it, he wanted the plane to move but they wanted to take their time! But how can anyone blame him we have been traveling and it's 3pm Hawaii time.. So Utah time 7pm! 2am to 7pm...wow too much! But we landed on The Big Island about 4:30pm pt (pacific time). We all were so glad to be done..
then of the g-g's house (Great grandpa Uye, my dad's dad) We saw a few aunty's and cousins and one uncle. I was nice to talk story with them. (talk story means chit chat) I picking up the talk... pidgin it's bad grammar it's like lazy talking.. They shorten everything! Just listen to me when i get back, and you'll get the jest.
Oh yeah and the place that we are staying at is with my dad's friend. they have like a little cottage that we stay in and the property is beautiful. She lives on 2acres. She has a pool two guest houses, and her house!! I'll take pictures of it. Beautiful!! Thanks Dad and Michelle.

but i can't post pictures i forgot the picture thing that transfer the pictures to the computer or whatever it does... i don't know...oh well I'll try to figure it out or just have Joel figure it out, or I'll just make a big slide show when i get back.
Oh yeah the time that i post is Hawaii time not Utah time
I miss everyone but i LOVE every minute HERE!!
I start to get teary eyed when i think about leaving..

6 comments:

Tina said...

All that traveling doesn't sound fun, but I'm glad to see that you are having a good time so far. Enjoy it while you can!

Cordie said...

I hope you have a blast! I can't wait to see some pictures.

Olsen's said...

Glad you made it there okay! I hear you on the plane ride it's hard! For us it wasn't as bad because Addi was still little and we only had one not two!! Good Luck!

Sandra said...

Sounds like fun, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Have a good time!

Ellen Oates said...

You guys picked a good week to be in Hawaii because it has been chilly and rainy here all week. Hope you are having fun and are actually there. I remember talking about it with you, but back then it seemed like it was forever away!

Anonymous said...

Aloha from Hawaii (=
It was so Nice to see You & meet the Men in your life!! Hope that we will be able to see You guy's more <3 Nicole, Cullen and Cherise
here is my email adress
cheriseellie@yahoo.com